Sunday, April 19, 2009

ROAST TO MY DEAN MARTINS.

i am up at 4:00 a.m after having watched program after program. i finally decided to head to my room after the end of a horrible KISS tribute movie where one of the actors was in American History X (googled him. Edward Furlong is the winner.) when i went to my room and Kanye was still turned on from when I was there last. I decided to take a last look at facebook. everyone's mistake, obviously. but all i saw were albums and albums called famine or famine with 8 e's or 30 hour famine.
{placing link to the website to save myself from having to explain the cause here}
this had me begin to remember my famine last year. it was absolutely fantastic. i spent all of my time with tremendous people, playing kid games that had us in stiches, and chit-chatted between pillows and sleeping bags with 3 of my best friends (two of which became so when we first met at this exact famine). so, obviously, not only was i envious of the fact they have one... but i miss it.
it seems since we graduated, it's become money, sex, and school. and drugs. and booze. nothing in between. no good ol' chill time in a friend's basement watching youtube videos or playing jamunji because you saw the movie as a child and thought it would be great to pretend bats were coming through the ceiling. (google that shit if you don't know it. i was the child who didn't get the chance to watch it because my mom was afraid i would have nightmares. i saw it recently. a.m.a.z.i.n.g. definitely worth wetting the bed over.)
POINT BEING. i want that with my friends.
so, i decided. i'm going to have my own famine with my bifflez to reconnect. but then i thought to myself : "naaah. mtb? you can't STARVE yourself and yo' friends. not cool." so after the pep talk, wheels started turning for the title of the event.
and then it came to me.
after there were no antonyms viewable on google definitions, it will be called ROAST.
stuffing your face as opposed to starving it. fit the criteria.
also, i had the flash image of the dean martin roasts which is a show i found on youtube that i WISH i would have been alive to watch or had one of my folks save the VHS tapes of.
so: ROAST GOAL is to have fun. just reconnect the roots of my social circle and have a ball. it will take place at my new house (when i finally get move in on june 26th) & we will do activities that we did at famine. painting a sign with water paint which was epic, random sports (shauna & i were cheaters,winners, and double agents when ti came to dodgeball), picture taking, giggling, pillow fights, strippin' down & all that girly stuff. just a good time, aiiight?
now i should really go to bed. i have drunken bowling tomorrow to attend. NOTE TO SELF: remember to bring jillian 20$ that i owe her for the amazing pens, her sweater, brandae her t-shirt, & lend her my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment