Thursday, October 29, 2009

reasons why i hate group work with people who say "holded"

i am in the worst group of idiots in english class. i had to essentially put on my class aid teaching face to get them through our to -do list. after checking my school account and seeing no response, i decided to send a friendly reminder of their assignments.

it went something like this:

"Alright, guys. As it appears, I am still not in the Class Forum and cannot see any progress in the group. However, as we originally discussed in class, those who were not in the class forum at the time (that being J******, S*****, and myself) should have received all of your e-mails with the documents by Thursday @ 10PM.
Aaaaand I don't see anything.
This worries me, guys.
I admit that I myself am waiting until I am done everything before I go ahead and post it and I may be an hour or two late than what he had agreed on, but updates would have been nice. We have to stay in the loop on what's going on otherwise we will end up with a train wreck of a situation which is not something any of us would aim for.
The fact that there has been nothing posted and it's a bit over an hour before it's all due, here's the change of plans.Everyone is responsible for having the individual copies of everything that is asked of them.
For those who may say they lost their post-it with their assignments, here it is:
- a concise summary of the story.
- a visual representation of the important settings and/or objects
- a description and explanation of the significatnt traits of the major characters.
- a brief explanation of your key passage's contents and how it connects to the story as a whole (using whatever you wish from the Close Reading Questions) ****this point should include the factors that are diction, literal elements, and imagery from the previous. *****
- Also, as Crane stated, he may throw you a curve ball and ask about the group discussion questions that can be found at the back of the story. So to prep for that, you will also need to have:
- QUESTIONS 1, 2 & 4 answered in paragraph format.
- as well as 3,6,7 & 8 answered in point format (about 5 points).
So K********, that is essential the summary of what you missed last class in terms of what was assigned.So everyone should have all of those things for tomorrow morning.Each section should be on a seperate sheet so that it can be easily divisable.If it is handwritten because of computer malfunction, make it legible.
This is a reminder that yes, class IS cancelled tomorrow. HOWEVER, we are still all meeting up @ 8 o'clock in front of the library (by the tables).
This needs to get done.
Have everything COMPLETE when you come tomorrow morning.
There shouldn't be any reason why it isn't.
How you may ask?
MY PRINTER WAS BROKEN/ MY INTERNET WASN'T WORKING/ MY DOG/CAT/TURTLE ATE IT : you should have a rough draft for it that you most probably wrote by hand. You could easily copy the good draft by hand as well. Or even better: print it out as soon as you meet up with us at the library having sent all of your work to your Mio account.
I DIDN'T GET IT: as we also said in class, this is a group project therefor you have 5 other people to ask questions in regards to this if not the teacher is always there. We also did a telephone exchange for other questions. My phone number is *** *** **** and I don't sleep and would be more than capable to answer a phone or text with a question.
I DIDN'T HAVE TIME: As I stated earlier, I don't sleep. And the reason I don't is to get my shit done so I can get a good grade. Seeing as I hope that's what everyone here is aiming for (and that's what I will assume), then you should be willing to cancel a hang out, stay up an extra hour or two, or get off of Facebook to be able to complete this assignment.
I'm not going to beat around the bush here, guys.
We are in Cegep.
We know how to do a summary and everything else.
This is just as much your grade as it is mine.
I don't want anyone to be lost, confused, or end up failing this assignment.
And for that to be avoided, work has to be done.
As I said earlier, I have my phone on and charged and I don't plan on going to bed any time soon.
So, let us know.
I will see you all TOMORROW MORNING @ 8 IN FRONT OF THE LIBRARY.
good luck.
-Meaghan"
you just got SERVED.
MS.MEAGHAN STYLE.
*goes and buys a gun*

No comments:

Post a Comment