Thursday, December 16, 2010

my kryptonite & TILTS #1-5

SO.
before i get into somethings that are really awesome that i've been wanting to give some airtime, i'm going to need to face a painful fact:
i am sick.
not in the mentally psychotic, grab-a-kitchen-knife kind of way (though it depends on who you talk to). i mean it in the very plain-jane, i have an elevated temperature, the sniffles, scratchy throat, blablabla, flemflemflem.
but here's where things are different.
MTB DOESN'T DO COMMON COLD.
that's right. i changed fonts.
that's the point i'm at, people. with this stupid "COMMONER'S DISEASE OF LIFE".
i have been known to go through quite a large sum of physical and psychological pain without complaint. i once ran upstream against the current hitting every rock on the way back. for fun. (true story)
case and point: pain is decoration. and i'm pure, baby.
however, there is ONE THING THAT I CANNOT TOLERATE.
and that is the common cold.
or as i call it in my nightmares: the commonite.
maybe it's my constant fear that i will be reduced to average joe or the fact that i remain paralyzed forced to eat bland food on bed rest and when this happened while i was in elementary school i would be forced to watch soap operas.
BUT I CAN'T STAND IT.
so, unfortunately for me, for the record&heartbreaking 2nd time in under a month, i have caught commonite.
and srsly, it almost killed me.
on monday i had a dream about multi-layered casts and couldn't tell the difference between a shiver and sweat.
(Though we all know that Shiver is an amazing Coldplay song)
all in all to say, i looked/felt/hated being sick like this:


notice the blood coming from my eyes and ears?

no. not the aftermath of the alexisonfire concert.

just my soul. dying. NO BIGGIE.

So dear person who i can pay to live my common cold for me, (this is the same guy who is willing to pay my bills on time & suffer through my muscles falling asleep and waking up)

if you could PLEASE punch back in for your shift, that would be great!

i think i've made my point.





now.

THINGS I LOVE THAT SHOULD

(be brought to your attention, to light, acknowledged, listened to, loved.)

a.k.a: MTB'S TILTS.


#2 This video, this series of videos, this idea, the series of ideas that will come from it. ONE IDEA THAT WILL TAKE PLACE IN FEBRUARY AND I AM SO SO SO EXCITED.
#3 THE WORLD'S SMALLEST POST SERVICE.

look how adorable!


#4 - MAKING HAPPY HALLWAYS & INSTALLATIONS THAT INVOLVE 500+ BALLOONS BEING INFLATED.


i literally mean a dream come true.

(this is only part one, of course.)

#5 - THIS GIRL.

but you knew that already.

now to sleep off some of this common cold so i can actually get some things done in the coming days.

the commonly crippled,

mtb.

No comments:

Post a Comment