Sunday, September 27, 2009

white lied pocket stuffers.

i was talking to kaarlie about some of the noobs that have arrived at our work. one of them is an extreme introvert and she was explaining her body language and how this girl had her hands in her pockets displaying that she was hiding something. well here's to hiding:
it was my great friend jill and a-bit-more-than-an-acquaintance tash's conjoined birthday last night.

even though i had work, i quickly changed into a high-waisted skirt, re-did my face, and headed to montreal. i met up with another one of my best friends brandae who was going to be my company for the night. neither of us took the time to really look into what metro stop it was at so instead... we walked for 45 minutes. when we got to the club (tonic, by the way), everyone was good and drunk... except us. and this wouldn't bother me if it wasn't a club that required such intoxication to enjoy the atmosphere. especially seeing as karl wolff was playing that night (the guy who sang the remake to africa and has a chick-like bottom lip piercing)
the drinks were ridiculously priced at 11 for 2. that kind of talk would make someone require a drink. so with the lack of leaving, cheaper drinks or more money, after getting the birthday girl a shot, we suck on two smirnoff ices and wait.
until one of my friends erin starts puking. seeing as everyone is all giggles and spilling drinks, brandae and i walk her to the hotel in the company of this fowl thing who just so happens to be the person who fired me at my first job (let the record stand after 12 jobs, that was the only one i fired at. so in. your. face.)
after that we walk back to the club where i receive an entire drink all along my back while entering, followed by karl wolff teaching us two words in his native language for twenty minutes, saying bye to the birthday girls, and then being picked up by my brandae's boyfriend.
yes, this is the same couple as previously mentioned.
the boyfriend giving us a ride decides to ask my friend if she wants to go to his brother's place for his birthday. she turns to me and says
"do you mind?"
well let's see.... it's two o'clock in the morning. we just spent the night taking care of a drunk (not to mention the other drunk that we found in the staircase on the way to coat check). i also tried dancing but you had me warm the bench next to you because you had heartburn and missed your boyfriend. both of us have to be up by before nine tomorrow. i have no other lift anywhere and i am crashing at your place.
"not at all."
though, i do have to thank her for asking me. so we start driving to find out that he has both had four drinks AND is high. let it be known that i had a conversation with someone THIS WEEK pointing out how fucking stupid that was and how it's inexcussible. i would not have gotten into this person's car knowing that he was. by the time he mentioned it, we were on our way back to her house. which also leads me to mention that it took us thirty minutes to get there only the realise that everyone was in bed because oh... i don't know... it was almost 3 o'clock in the morning! so we get to her house around four o'clock. she passes me pjs, asks when i need to get up, and when i look up to say goodnight, her father's room door in closed with screamo music on. that's it that's all.
i get myself up at 7 oclock the next morning and see myself out.
i get to bonaventure where there only appears to be my bus passing in the next 2 hours.
eff my life number 1.
so i walk around montreal underground, chill in a deserted mall, get some starbucks from my usual, and return back to bonaventure. i run into vj at this point (a darling boy who looks up to me and makes my head inflate to galaxy size). i start talking to him about all that i hate and all i saw and lived that day and night where he returned the favour. waiting for my bus, we realise that there is the 100 bus twice. one for st-catherine (where i live).... and one for la prairie.
guess which one i was waiting for?
you guessed it.
la flippin'-off prairie.
eff my life number 2.
so by this point i had killed two hours for nothing, had no clue WHEN my bus was going to come, was tired, impatient, and restless.
so by this i put on the "fuck it i'm getting breakfast" attitude and headed to what i know best: starbucks.
and this is when my day turned around.

i love my people there!

there was my love at first sight gay eric, farjid from france (who i had been served by earlier that day), and mike (who was the man who told me to watch the south park episode with the jonas brothers). so i was given my first drink by these lovely gentlemen:


(which judging by how well i know kaarlie she will try and guess it and will guess right.)

they gave it to me in a venti which made me extra happy!

this also caused to want to stand by their counter for the next two and a half hours. which. i did. i ended up singing moulin rouge with farjid, complimenting him on his gorgeous mousse all the while cleaning his spoons under the water tap because it was convinient, not to mention speaking in beautiful french with him and adoring his cute little cardigan and superheroe tshirt that he wore later on.


eric and i spoke of concerts, mourned the loss that was the sufjan stevens concert in montreal that had sold out in 30 minutes, gave him my full name for facebook purposes, invited him to vampire weekend next week, spent his 15 minute break (on his request :D) with him analysing music and concerts, and the sweet boy even let me go on the internet on his itouch even after he went on floor! i also mentioned to him that i was considering transfering and he let me know who i should talk to about it.


next was phil (also known as eric's best friend). this guy had come in later during the day but was such a doll all the same. he was telling me his glasses were fake, we teased farjid for having tried to have a customer admit a song about 911 and shooting themselves existed, along with him elaborating more on his soon to be model career with ford miami that eric had told me about earlier. he was easily one of the more intimidating baristas because he looked like a cullen family member. so i'm glad i got him under my belt.


SPEAKING OF UNDER THE BELT! mike. you are so cool. this guy has been on my radar since the jo broz concert where i earned my first free starbucks drink as well as a good south park episode suggestion. but he is simply hysterics. first of all, he has a half sleeve. which seems very complex and from what i could gather from the tips of his polo he had an atom and a skeleton of a fish. he also has a heart on the back of his opposite arm, his parents' names on the wrists, and is planning on getting a cow tattoo on the inside of his right arm because he has this crazy deeper meaning about things and he is also vegetarian. i wasn't paying attention to his whole speech because i was just so contented with talking to him. i also convinced him not to take this girl's advice about having the caramel swirl cinnabon treat (that i had found out hours earlier through vj contains 1,130 calories. death, please. please.), told him about my coffee seminar that i am excited about where he then mocked me for and called me a "southshore-er". he complimented me on my perfect english and french which made me blush when he called me "one of those". traded tv faves such as myth busters, the office (which we both agreed was too easy), how i met your mother, and he rambled about some world war two mystery show. i also had to defend my mention of "how it's made". he asked me about when i was vegan and vegetarian, talked about his hatred for the venti moka frappucinos lights, encouraged me to transfer and move to montreal, laughed when i called one of the girls in the berets that worked there a bitch face, told noob horror stories; all wrapped into witty expressions and laughs. step out of the way, boorista (who has a boogrlfriend, ps.)

i also guided a customer through the starbuck's teas (berryblossom white (which was also the one i was sipping on)) and stock and was asked repeatedly if i worked there to which the staff eventually answered: "not yet!". they all were lost when i said i worked on the south shore. that usually happens.


can i say it again? that i love it there? because i do!

i need to painfully go out with this crew.

ERIC, add me! you gotz to get me in this club.

after much help from saima, she checked my buses and i was home by 2. where i then collapsed from 4 to 7 and now here i am after a good meal. this is going to be another busy week which i hope goes smoothly.


also: as of midnight, i will be able to count the days i go to new york on my two hands.

unreal.

(that's central park. this little thing i will be seeing in eleven days.)

with the change of course, i bid you goodnight and hope to receive those "good luck" wishes for staying in the school i have come to spite.

SPECIAL THANKIES TO:

-starbucks district staff for not disappointing. i will see you soon.

- vijay for keeping me together this morning.

- kaarlie for dealing with my crying at work and a great hug.

- selesse for txting me puking updates last night to give me a pda distraction.

now.... to get back to this mess.

the via loathing,

mtb.

1 comment:

  1. ahh, I'm glad your day got better.
    starbucks has the awesome power to do that.

    ReplyDelete