Thursday, October 8, 2009

if i could open my arms and span the length of the island manhattan....


how?


because i am leaving for new york city tonight!

i cannot contain my happiness!


you see this face?





this isn't an albino girl chillin' in the dark smiling (with j's cardigan on).


oh no.


this is an albino girl chillin' in the dark smiling (with j's cardigan on) BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO NEW YORK.


that's right.



today was an interesting start. woke up late, forced to take a cold shower followed by finding a random plug in my house to blow dry my hair because the one in my bathroom broke. got on the bus that showed up late, missed the 13, got to school later than late, go see my counsellor, come up with a more concrete game plan for my future (news update: i want to become a teacher. this is something that has taken a lot of teeth pulling for me to be able to admit outloud let anyone on here.) got to vision of art class. sat next to my close friend joel (who just recently changed into my class), gave him his birthday gift (jet cd), picked the pop art period for an assignment and shared a few giggles with symanski (our almost cartoon-like teacher). i then walk into this english class to do my mid term. did not feel like doing it but sucked it up seeing as i couldn't do it the day after due to my departure. so the teacher comes in, calls me meaghan in an american accent and then asks me if i'm here for the mid term, i respond yes, and he quickly tells me, it was moved to NEXT WEEK! i have never loved this ampersand-tattoo-wearing teacher in my life. so i bounce before he has time to tell me otherwise, walk joel to the bus stop, then sasha sampson calls me up and we spend lunch together talking about slitting throats, camp days as children, her birthday, and scott carr (who then randomly sends me a txt wishing me a safe time without foreigners (long story)). i then exit the school getting tons of have fun wishes and hugs, see jacqueline whom even after i threw her an air grenade, she lent me her cardigan for new york.


i then got home, got stuck in bumper to bumper, got stuck on the island that is my bus stop and ended up in a belle province where everyone was staring at me and even ASKED me if i was from around here. i walked back, figured it out, got home, painted julia nunes in washable marker on my window, packed, freaked out about new york, and here i am.


wow. this trip will be monumentous.


i cannot wait.


i plan on passing by my heartbucks downtown before i leave to charge my partner card and say bye because i am a neroob (nerd and noob combination) that way.


oh. my. lord.


i will try and blog in a starbucks when i am down there. highly doubtful that i will HAVE that kind of time or even the energy because all i will want to type is ''ZOMGZNEWYORKIZDABEST'' and talk about joining snl and share a bunk bed with bill hader, kenan thompson, andy samberg, and special musical guest regina spektor (ON THIS WEEK!!!)


one hour until i drive to the bus station.


the excitement is reaching critical levels, folks.



with that, i bid you farewell.


HELLO, IN WHY SEA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment